"I gotta Ramble On, Now's the time, the time is now... to sing my song..."

This is basically my blog, where I bitch about stuff, take random quizzes, and give my opinion on stuff that nobody really cares about anyway. Please visit my Visual Arts page at http://mycallinginlife.blogspot.com/ if you get time, and tell me what you think.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blog?

Blog.

While I'm here I'm going to bitch about racing car games that encourage bad driving. Need For Speed, for example, the game where hitting a reinforced lamp post at 200 mp/h will cause it to go flying into the air, the game where there are magical arrows ererywher, the game that ENCOURAGES dangerous driving as a FUN thing with no consequence. I mean, in real life you cannot pay to instantly get your car from the impound lot every time you are arrested flying through the streets at speeds no actual car could obtain. And there is no way in hell you could collide head on with a wall and BOUNCE OFF IT with as much damage to the car as what would happen if you dropped a rock the size of your head on it. In reality, YOU WOULD BE DEAD. They'd be literally scraping your remains from the pavement (because we all know it's not cool to wear seatbelts while racing). This sort of game gives kids the idea that when you're behind the wheel you are invincible. P platers have a higher death rate than ANY other age/ethnical/gender group on the road. If I recall correctly, those games are targeted at that age group. *sigh*. I could start on GTA and how it encourages violence (my little brother used to play it and thought that guns were cool for a while, and by cool I don't mean "heroic army man" cool like most boys think at some point in their childhood, but "gangsta kill random people" cool, which is very concerning.).
But I won't.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment