"I gotta Ramble On, Now's the time, the time is now... to sing my song..."

This is basically my blog, where I bitch about stuff, take random quizzes, and give my opinion on stuff that nobody really cares about anyway. Please visit my Visual Arts page at http://mycallinginlife.blogspot.com/ if you get time, and tell me what you think.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Warning for below post

As a precaution to the following blog, my kudos goes out to those few artists who can turn words into images... My girlfriend, for one. Cold Chisel's Jimmy Barnes, who has immortalised images of the Aussie life in his lyrics... Even to a degree, Pink Floyd, whose lyrics were pretty lame at most times but did create some vivid images in a few of their songs (Wish You Were Here, Comfortably Numb). The lyrics I am talking about in this next post refers to modern rap, hip hop, and even (sadly) some metal and rock bands who think that their lyrics have meaning. The bands who think that whingeing about the world will help to fix it. And also top 40 shit. Enjoy, please don't kill me.

1 comment:

  1. ^^ Aw, thanks, Scott. That's the sort of thing that keeps me writing!

    ReplyDelete